Wednesday 7 December 2011

Floral Headband DIY







I got this idea from Leah when she made her own floral headbands and gifted me one!

You will need:

1m Ribbon (choose a colour that will blend with your hair colour)
A cheap wide plastic headband (make sure you try it on first to make sure it will be comfortable to wear)
An arrangement of fake flowers and leaves
Hot glue sticks
Hot glue gun
Scissors


Hot glue one end of your ribbon to the underside of one of the ends of the headband, then wrap the ribbon all the way around the headband, making sure to overlap the ribbon to cover the headband entirely.
Hot glue the other end in place and trim if necessary.

In the previous photo I didnt have cream ribbon so improvised with cream fabric, just cut a strip around 2cm wide and 1m long!easy!

Once you've covered your headband, cut all your flowers and leaves off their stalks (cut them close to the base of the leaf/ flower, but be careful not to cut too close or they'll fall apart on ya).

Get gluing!
Heat up your hot glue gun and glue the flowers and leaves all over, covering all of the headband.
Be strategic with your gluing, seeing the glue isn't ideal, so cover any globs with smaller flowers.
Cover all but 5cm of the headband on each end, this will make your headband look rounded instead of a big crown on your head! (unless of course you want a big crown on your head...)

Do a tidy up (pull off any glue stringy bits, trim anything that looks out of place).
Make sure the glue has dried ENTIRELY before trying it on. Trust me. 


This is the original I was working from - Leah made this! She is such a clever crafty lady.
This one I made for Lauren - she has blonde hair so I used cream to cover the headband. She wanted a pink and blue theme - I think it turned out great.

This is one I made the other night - I used plenty of leaves from the bunches of flowers I bought, sometimes the bunches have 'babies breath' in amongst it, use it! its cute and adds more to the overall look.

This one I used roses - these are trickier to glue on, I found lying them sideways and gluing them in that position worked well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Little House a message: